Want to launch a couple hundred servers in 10 minutes?
RightBrain Networks--a cloud computing consulting and software engineering firm--is seeking a Cloud Solutions Engineer (CSE) based out of our Ann Arbor, Michigan office. You'll gain real, hands-on experience working with some the most in-demand technologies: "Big Data", natural language processing, cloud computing, DevOps, and more. We are considering candidates that have backgrounds in both Linux and/or Windows administration.
Our technical team specializes in building, consulting on, and managing complex, highly-scalable Internet-based applications. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting and Managed Services Partner. Our clients are located all over the globe and include everyone from Silicon Valley start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. They all rely on us to keep their critical cloud infrastructure online 24x7.
In this role you would be working with a team of 3-5 people on cloud migration and ops automation projects. This includes: setting up server orchestration tools (Salt Stack, Chef, etc) to automatically provision environments, creating load-balanced groups of virtual machines. There will be an intense amount of on-the-job learning and the opportunity to grow as a professional. This role reports directly to the Director of Cloud Architecture.
Why would you want to work here?
- Strong engineering culture--management is all engineers, not MBAs.
- Collaborative DevOps atmosphere
- Back-to-back recipient of the bi-annual "Coolest Places to Work in Michigan" award (2014 & 2016)
- #250 on the Inc. 500 "Fastest Growing Private Companies in America" list for 2016.
- Flexible vacation time, excellent health insurance, 401k with employer match, and other great benefits.
- Very unique working environment; you'll always be technically challenged and never bored.
- A minimum of one year of hands-on, production experience with either AWS or Microsoft Azure, OR extensive infrastructure automation tools (Chef, Terraform, etc).
- A strong desire to work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients on tough problems (this is a customer-facing, consulting role rather than toiling away in the bowels of a datacenter somewhere).
- Exceptional communication skills: via email, in-person, and phone.
- Solid grasp of how the Internet works at a technical level: DNS, routing, security, etc.
- Must currently be local to SE Michigan and available for up to 10% out-of-state travel.
- For Windows focused candidates:
- Extensive experience supporting web-based applications built on IIS and SQL Server.
- Excellent understanding of modern Windows system administration principles including:
- PowerShell scripting
- Chef or similar Windows automation tools
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- For Linux focused candidates:
- Experience implementing and supporting Apache or Nginx, and relational databases systems (Postgres, MySQL)
- Familiarity with RHEL-based distros and packages
- The ability to get things done with Python
- Software or web development experience
- Experience supporting Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Visual Studio Online.
- Any relevant certifications: AWS, CCNA, Network+, MCSA/MCSE, etc.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with full benefits.